Psalm 23 The Lord Is My Shepherd
Thought For Today : The best way to get the last word is to apologize.
The GOod Shepherd
All through the Old Testament we see God being referred to as The Shepherd of Israel.. God placed a large amount of trust and responsibility on to the leaders of Israel, but time and time again they failed him. God ended up denouncing these false shepherds and promised to send them a pure shepherd to lead and care for the sheep of Israel and provide a way for people to be saved. This Shepherd is Gods son, The Messiah, Jesus Christ.
In John 10 we see Jesus explaining to people he is the Good Shepherd, Jews would have related to this and remember Psalm 23. We also see Jesus telling people how they can be saved through him and also foretelling his own death and resurrection in order to protect his sheep. Jesus also shows how he has the power to lay down his own life and take it up again and asserting himself as Son of God.
John Chapter 10 Verse 1 to 18
Listen To This Passage.
File Size 360KB : Time 2.26
- "Verily, verily I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
- But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
- To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice : and he calleth his own sheep by name and leadeth them out.
- And when he putteth forth them, and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice
- And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of the strangers. "
- This parable spake Jesus unto them: but they understood not what things they were which he spake unto them.
- Then Jesus said unto them again , " Verily verily, I say unto you I am the door of the sheep
- All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them
- I am the door by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved and shall go in and out and find pasture.
- The thief commeth no, but for to steal and to kill and to destroy: I am come that they might have life and they might have it more abundantly
- I am The Good Shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.
- But he that is a hireling and not the shepherd whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf and leaveth the sheep and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them and scattereth the sheep.
- The hireling fleeth because he is a hireling and careth not for the sheep
- I am the Good Shepherd and know my sheep, and am known of mine.
- As the Father koweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep
- And other sheep I have which are not of this fold, them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice ; and there shall be one fold and one shepherd
- Therefore doth my Father love me because I lay down my life that I Might take it again.
- No man taketh it from me but I lay it down of myself I have power to lay it down and I have power to take it again. This commandment I have received of my Father."
Get a 10% discount today on all VidaHost purchases by entering the following coupon/voucher code when you make your purchase.
discount code: sheep